Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Ok, so I know this is a wee bit late, but better late than never, right?
This year I have much to be thankful for.

I by no means live a life of luxury, but even in my most difficult of hours I need to remind myself that I do have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the pie in the above picture, and the 150 cookies I made for my daughter's preschool below, my new stove, my beautiful kids, my mixer, sugar, butter...But in all honesty, while everyone in my life has in one way or another brought me to where I am today, there are 2 people that I need to express ultimate gratitude.

First, my loving, yet sometimes aggravating husband. We've had our share of ups and downs this year, but when we needed him most, he came through. A year ago, we had a newborn and a toddler and he lost his job to the company that we were vesting our life into, because of the economy, and then lost another job a few months later. Instead of just giving up or settling, he busted his butt working long hours, breaking his back, just so we could have a roof over our heads. At the time I could not see this as a blessing, effectively being a single parent to 2 very young kids while having a job of my own. At that time, you couldn't have convinced me that it was good, even if he making a million dollars. But now seeing how he is able to thrive in this hand that he's been dealt, and even find a way to make more money and get our insurance covered, I realize that what took others before him years, he found a way to do in months. And he did it for us. For that I am grateful.

Second, I'll just call this person J. You know who you are. This is a friend of mine without whom I don't know where my mind would be today. She has been there to console me through the hard times, and also to remind me that I can choose how I react and many of my problems are only real in my mind. There's nothing better than a good friend to tell you when you are wrong. She has made me hold myself accountable for my choices, and as much as I hate it when she takes away my excuses, I love her for it. Also, she loves being the recipient of the many cookies and cakes that come out of my house, so it's a pretty harmonious thing.

Obviously I have many more blessings than just these 2 people, but this is called a blog, not a novel, so that's what you get...for today.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm just reading this and I'm teary eyed. I'm honored to be in such great company. And right back atcha sista!

    ReplyDelete