Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Start From the Beginning...Kind Of

I have several cakes under my belt that I would like to share with the world, so I figure I should just start from the beginning. Well, not the actual beginning, because I don't have pictures from baking back in the day, so let's call it the beginning of the obsession. I think it started around my oldest daughter's first birthday. I needed a cake, but not just any cake. Something that screamed Rylee, but without using hideous piping. So this is what I came up with.

To which Rylee promptly did this:

And this:

Looking back on this ghetto little cake, I laugh. It was awesome for what it was, but definitely could have done better. I guess this is what you get from a new mom trying to balance everything. Whatever, it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment