Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Best Way to Eat a Cupcake...

Is when it is the size of your head and you cannot possibly take a bite without getting frosting all over your face and stuck in your eyelashes and eyebrows.
This cupCAKE was made for my daughter's first birthday this year, but I didn't see the humor until my pixie like one year old sat next to it. She cried and cried and cried because the damn thing was nearly bigger than her. I don't blame her, I can't imagine how I would react if I saw a cake the size of me. Scratch that, I know exactly how I would react. By jumping in and swimming through it to find the stripper in the center! But I digress....
This was a pseudo champagne cake, because I didn't think it was appropriate for my infant to have champagne. I know I know, it bakes out, but whatever, it felt slightly counter intuitive so I went with sparkling grape juice instead. She didn't know the difference. And our bellies were happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment