Monday, October 12, 2009

Get In My Belly!


Hello. My name is Rebecca, and I have a baking problem.

Although, isn't a problem only a problem if you make it one? I don't see anyone staging an intervention, but it's possible they should be. As if I had so much extra time on my hands, I have taken up blogging now too. I'm always looking for new and improved ways to avoid my actual responsibilities, so, well done Rebecca. And truly, as much as I love baking, the obsession really began when I needed something to help me procrastinate. Does this mean I will be procrastinating on my former procrastination tool? AACK!

No, nothing could come between me and my beloved baked goods.

So, should I tell you about myself? Sure! I have 2 kids and a husband that are 100% on board with this baking thing. (In fact, I think I should stage an intervention on them...) As a kid I begged my mom for an Easy Bake Oven and always got the same response, 'Rebecca, we have a real oven'. To this day, I despise and love that she did that to me, but oddly still want an Easy Bake Oven. Many of my earliest and fondest memories are baking holiday cookies with my mom and waiting to see how my dad decorated my birthday cakes. My favorite part of a meal is dessert, and really only eat dinner as a means to get that dessert (and that whole setting a good example for your kids thing). But here's the real shocker - I'm not fat! In fact, I'm very thin! I can stuff my face with cookies and cakes and it doesn't effect me. It's as though my body and soul have found one harmonious place, in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment