Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm gonna be on TV!!


Ok, well, my cake will be on TV.  And maybe not even TV, more likely straight to DVD.

A friend of ours was the production designer on a kids show and they needed a cake so he called little old me!  I was so happy - so excited - so unbelievably terrified.  I know the expectations of this guy, and of TV production in general, and so I wasn't sure I was up to par.  I mean, come on, I live in Los Angeles, the city of creativity and endless talent.  But after seeing the cake and then getting this screen shot from my husband, I felt pretty darn good about myself!



And actually, this isn't the first cake I've made for him.  I made 6 huge cupcakes several months back for a Russian 'Ikea' commercial, but being the silly girl that I am, I forgot to take pictures!  When I get the footage, I will definitely post that.

Honestly, this is the first time I've looked at one of my cakes and thought, that's a real cake.  Not some cutesy-mom-made creation, but the real deal.  So, snaps for Rebecca!!!

Oh, and as a side note, my daughters' birthdays are coming up, and my soon to be 4 year old was so in love with this cake, that she declared she wanted this cake - with eyeballs.  Yep, eyeballs.  I love that child for so many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment