Sunday, January 10, 2010

Once Upon A Time....



In a land not so far away, there was a little girl named Siena. For her third birthday she wanted nothing more than to be a fairy in her own magical land. Since I only have magical powers in the kitchen, I threw some powder sugar fairy dust in a bowl and viola!

I thought this sweet little white chocolate fairy looked like Siena, so I made this her mushroom palace.

Another chocolate fairy (my daughter likes to think this one is her) is lost in the meringue mushroom cluster!

This cake did not start out well at all. It became one of those moments where I started rethinking offering to make cakes for my friends, because I might end up on cakewrecks. My oven and I were having a domestic dispute, and it got so heated that the gas company almost had to be called. After taking a cooling period (literally let the cakes cool overnight) I came back to it the next day and we worked things out, with the help of some buttercream. I've learned over and over, that much like a glass of wine, there's nothing that a little (or a lot) of frosting can't fix.

Happy Birthday Siena!

No comments:

Post a Comment