Thursday, March 18, 2010

Holy Hiatus!

I never meant to take this much time off from blogging - not to mention BAKING!

But alas, there have been some developments in my life recently that leave me feeling like hugging a toilet bowl rather than my mixer.  There were minor attempts at baking.  I made my friend chocolate chip cookie cupcakes for her birthday, so that was pretty awesome, and I managed Valentine's cookies for my daughters' school and daycare, but that's about it.  I'm feeling very sad about this, like part of me is not alive and well right now.  So let's take a look back at a bakier time in my life.


Oh, now look at this.  My darling daughter, who I thought was such a big girl in this picture.  Little did I know that I would look back on this face like she was just a baby.  Ok, this isn't helping.  Not to mention, what you can't see in this picture is me literally 2 weeks away from giving birth, and sweating like a pig in 115 degree heat.  So let's move on from this before I run away crying.



Ok, now this I like.  Pink and princess.  Two things that are all too familiar to me these days.  Only bad memory from making this cake is that Starbursts are surprising difficult to roll out.  I even nuked them for a second to soften them, and still my arms hurt for days.  (Note to self: I need to find a better process for that.)

 

Mini Cakes!!  How could you not love a mini cake?  I made 12 of these for my dear friend J's babyshower.  Chocolate, vanilla with strawberries, red velvet and lemon!  

Ok, now I feel much better!

I feel like I'm slowly coming out of the fog and will be back in my kitchen very soon.  Otherwise, this baking blog is going to get B-O-R-I-N-G, if the writer doesn't actually start baking again.  Fingers crossed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment